Statement to Service Users of PRRT
Updated 19 April 2021
In response to the Covid19 Recovery Plan, we have made incremental steps in re-opening the Trust over the past few months in order to protect you and our staff. PRRT is open five days a week from 09.00am – 5.00pm. We will continue to offer a combination of virtual and face-to-face appointments.
Please read the departmental guidance below – what we can provide is different for Physiotherapy, Psychology and Coaching and Development (C&D).
As always be assured that our aim is to protect the health and safety of our staff and you, our clients, as much as we can. As we move forward with service provision to you we require that you observe the instructions from our staff on handwashing and the measures we have put in place to implement social distancing. We will support our staff on this and require that all clients follow staff directions.
- Clients should not travel to PRRT without a prior appointment and reception is only open for calls.
- The Reception area remains closed and is not being used as a waiting area – please remain in your car and call reception to notify of your arrival.
- You must not attend onsite if you are showing any of the Covid19 symptoms or live in a household with someone who has these symptoms or you have been asked to self-isolate.
- If you need to get in contact please call our Services Admin team 028 9042 7788 or email email@example.com
Physiotherapy Department – updated 19 April 2021
The Physiotherapy Department at PRRT is open. However in response to the pandemic and government guidelines we have a new way of working in order to minimise the risk to our clients and staff.
All initial assessments are completed by phone. This is a comprehensive assessment and you may be asked to complete movements and functional tasks and so it is important that you are in an environment where this can be completed. On assessment your physiotherapist will discuss the best mode of treatment. Where possible you will be treated remotely by phone or video consultation. Where face to face treatment is deemed necessary, enhanced infection control measures and procedures are in place.
They are as follows:
- Waiting in your car on arrival to PRRT until called to enter
- Hand sanitising/washing stations throughout the building
- Health screening questions will be asked and your temperature will be taken using an infrared contactless thermometer
- Physiotherapists will be wearing appropriate PPE – mask, gloves and apron
- You will be asked to wear a mask, that we provide
- One-way system observed within the building.
- All surfaces will be sanitised between clients.
We understand that most people prefer face to face appointments, however remote physiotherapy treatment is of great value in that:
- Your physiotherapist will use assessment and clinical reasoning skills to come up with the most effective plan to treat your condition
- They can provide expert advice on how best to manage your condition and address any concerns or questions you may have
- They can prescribe a personalised exercise programme tailored to your needs and sent via email or alternatively via secure post if email is unavailable to you
- These exercise plans can be progressed as your condition changes
- Review sessions can be arranged to monitor your response to treatment
- Your physiotherapist can also signpost you to other medical services if required such as your GP, pharmacist or A&E, if they have particular concerns
- If you are currently experiencing pain, loss of function and/or mobility please contact our services administration to arrange an assessment
Our regional Physiotherapy service has recommenced. All Clients will continue to be assessed by phone by PRRT physiotherapy staff. Where possible you will be treated remotely by phone or video consultation. Where face to face treatment is necessary, you will be referred on to a physiotherapy practise closer to your home. All Physiotherapy practises are now working in a new Covid safe manner.
Due to current Covid 19 restrictions we are unable to run our group programmes at present.
Personal Development & Training Department – updated 19 April 2021
The Personal Development and Training Service due to current government guidance is unable to provide face to face appointments with a Career and Development Coach at Maryfield and the Enniskillen and Coleraine outreach locations. Until such times as restrictions are relaxed support and assistance are available by telephone, e-mail and video communication. Despite restrictions the Career and Development Coaches continue to assist clients with exploring opportunities for retirement, options for updating and gaining new skills and qualifications, creating a CV, completing applications and interview preparation.
All initial or first appointments are by telephone, should more assistance be required the Coach will discuss the possibility of video communication as an option for future appointments.
Career and Development Coaches are available to provide information and support in the following areas
- Options and opportunities in retirement
- Assistance with writing a CV/completing applications
- Preparation for interviews and the selection process
- Courses, education and qualifications
All PRRT training courses have been suspended until further notice. It is advisable to contact PRRT to discuss your training requirements. A number of providers are now delivering training online as an alternative to classroom-based courses.
All updates to the delivery of training at PRRT will be communicated through the PRRT web page.
Training Support is continuing to provide funding towards the cost of courses for eligible clients. Throughout this period clients are continuing to gain new skills and qualifications, training providers, where possible, have made adjustments to accommodate restrictions.
Clients must contact PRRT and speak with a Career and Development Coach before starting a course to discuss eligibility. Clients are advised to contact PRRT to arrange an appointment, the Career and Development Coach will contact you at the agreed time to outline requirements and the documentation to support the application.
Clients who have been unable to complete courses due to cancellation or suspension by the provider are advised to update PRRT of any change to the completion date. Failure to do so may result in the cancellation of the Training Support application and payment of the approved amount.
All meetings with Career and Development Coach in the Enniskillen and Coleraine outreach locations are currently suspended. Appointments are only available by telephone or video communication. Please contact PRRT to arrange an appointment with a Career and Development Coach.
Psychological Therapies Department – updated 19 April 2021
The Department of Psychological Therapies has been working hard to minimise the disruption to client’s psychological treatment during the COVID 19 Pandemic and has remained open throughout this crisis.
We are pleased to report that the service has now returned to normal operating hours with a full complement of staff. We are now accepting new referrals to the service and retired officers and their families can now self-refer as normal. Due to the impact of Covid-19 our waiting times are currently much longer than normal. We appreciate your understanding and patience in these challenging circumstances.
Each client entering the service will be initially assessed by telephone. The clinical team will then determine the best mode of treatment delivery for each presenting case that ensures the optimum treatment outcome whilst minimising face to face attendances and so decreasing risk to clients, staff and their families. You may therefore be offered telephone, digital or face to face treatment depending on your presenting symptoms and circumstances. You may also receive a combination of these approaches. We recognise each case is unique and we assess each individual in this way. Whilst we recognise the majority of clients would prefer face to face treatment due to the current pandemic, routine face to face appointments cannot resume yet. We are ensuring that our clients access the best psychological tools and resources to look after their mental health, especially during this challenging time and to deal with issues like depression, anxiety and trauma.
Our highly specialist therapists continue to use the most innovative and evidence-based treatments including bespoke CBT interventions and are supported by senior clinical supervisors to provide the best support and care throughout this challenging period.
If you are invited to attend for face to face appointments guidance regarding safety measures in place will be explained by your clinician during a pre attendance telephone call.
We have added relevant articles, safety advice and guidelines to our website. We have also added Relaxation and EMDR Resourcing Audios which clients can access at any time. Please see the client support section on PRRT’s Website.
As a team, we are excited about future developments and providing remote therapy through different modalities and believe that this will make our service even more accessible and break down any barriers of accessing essential psychological therapies to our client groups.
As this situation is rapidly evolving, we will keep our website up to date regarding our continued developments.
If you have any queries about our services or need to speak to a therapist please contact as above. A duty therapist will contact you. As always if you are in crisis please contact emergency services or your GP.
24 hour Confidential Helplines:
- LIFE LINE 0808 808 8000 SAMARITANS 028 9066 4422 or 0845 790 9090
- CHILDLINE 0800 11 11
- Contact GP/Out of Hours/A & E in case of emergencies